Introduction of Cloud Platform (GCP) ?
Google Cloud Platform is a suite of public cloud computing services offered by Google. The platform includes a collection of Google’s computing resources, made available via services to the general public as a public cloud offering.
With Google Cloud Platform (GCP), you can build, test, and deploy applications on Google’s highly-scalable and reliable infrastructure for your web, mobile, and backend solutions.
The GCP resources consist of physical hardware infrastructure — computers, hard disk drives, solid state drives, and networking — contained within Google’s globally distributed data centers, where any of the components are custom designed using patterns similar to those available in the Open Compute Project. This hardware is made available to customers in the form of virtualized resources, such as virtual machines (VMs), as an alternative to customers building and maintaining their own physical infrastructure.
GCP is primarily a public cloud provider. It also offers over 50 services including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings in the categories of Compute, Storage & Databases, Networking, Big Data, Machine Learning, Identity & Security, and Management & Developer tools.
Part 1 – Google Cloud Platform – How to Start?
That’s all I explored about the Introduction of GCP. If you have anything to add, please do share in comment box. If it will be worth, we will definitely add it to this blog.
In next article, We are going to write other aspects like Benefits, components, and “How-to” topics. Please stay tuned and share this article if you found this useful.
Welcome All, This blog is basically for beginners who have just started learning about Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
First question come into mind that how shall we start exploring Google Cloud Platform. We need a platform where we can take console and start doing some L1 task.
In this series of learning, we are going to tell you the exact thing assuming you as a fresher in this technology.
First topic we are going to cover is How to Start with Google Cloud Platform?
Before doing anything, let me tell you that since you are going to learn Cloud so you do not need any specific hardware in you home lab. You don’t need physical switch, storage, server or anything that cost you to build a lab.
You just need a desktop or laptop with low configuration from where you can access a web browser. Additional to this, you need to spend ₹2 INR to register youself on google cloud portal for free learning of 365 days.
So, question is: How and Where shall I jump to? So let’s take a quick step to step guide here.
- Login using your Gmail ID. If you do not have a Gmail ID, Sign up for new one. It does not cost anything.
- Select your country and Accept agreements.
- Fill out the required information.
- Select Account Type: Individual
- Tax information: Unregistered individual
- Provide your PAN information
- Fill your Name and Address
- Enter your Credit or Debit card number to make sure that you are not a robot. Don’t worry, you will be only charged ₹2 INR from you card. And google DO NOT auto-charge after free trial(365 days) ends.
- Click on Start my Free Trail.
- Once you will proceed, it will deduct ₹2 INR from your card. You are ready to start your free trail now.
- Here is First Console for accessing Google Cloud Platform resources. You can use these resources in multiple ways. We will learn in next coming blogs.
- You can also verify your account status by clicking on Navigation Menu > Billing > Overview.
That’s all from this topic. We will learn more about Google Cloud Platform in next coming blogs. Stay Tuned.
Share this article if you found it useful.