Hey All, Good Day! I hope you are getting some fruitful articles over here.
Today We are going to explore VMware vSphere Platinum and vSphere 6.7 Update 1 which VMware has introduced today itself. While checking the updates on Day 1 of VMworld 2018, I came to know of this announcement so thought to write a blog on this.
This article is specific to VMware vSphere Platinum and I am not going to touch vSphere 6.7 Update 1 here. I will cover that in next topic.
First Question! What is vSphere Platinum ?
vSphere Platinum is new edition of vSphere which delivers advanced security capabilities fully integrated into the hypervisor. It has capabilities of vSphere with VMware AppDefense, delivering purpose-built VMs to secure applications.
There are lot of challenges related to IT security which customer keeps more focus. vSphere Platinum secures infrastructure and applications by leveraging the hypervisor and the power of machine learning in a way that is built-in, operationally simple, and with minimal overhead or impact on performance. vSphere Platinum allows the vSphere Admin to deliver secure infrastructure and applications by enabling virtual machines to run in a “known good” state.
Role of VMware AppDefenese: –
As you know that every day we come across with the new threat in IT infrastructure, here vSphere Platinum help out to address the in-guest threats. VMware AppDefense which is core feature and included in vSphere Platinum. It provides the capabilities to protect applications running on vSphere.
vSphere Provides the followings to the VMware Admins: –
- Secures Applications, Infrastructure, Data
- Enables a simple and powerful way to maintain existing workflows
- Using vSphere platinum you will have visibility into the intent of each virtual machine, and a detailed inventory of application assets and context.
- Understand how applications behave and be alerted to potential issues and deviations.
- Reduce the attack surface and reduce the risk of security compromise.
- Establish a simple and powerful way to collaborate with security, compliance and application teams.
- You do not need any agent to manage.
- Use what you already own, understand, and run in your data center – vSphere – with its unique visibility, automation and isolation qualities.
There are other benefits for Security Admins: –
- Better visibility and situational awareness of application behaviors, and virtual machine purpose.
- Faster detection, analysis, and time to response – quickly understand attacks and make fast decisions using application context and scope.
- Enhance existing security tools and support compliance efforts through contextual visibility and alerts into application communications and deviations.
- Lower false positives
- Big data correlation for better identification and context using cloud SaaS model.
- Support DevOps environment through continuous learning and protection.
- Easily Coordinate with vSphere Admins and Application teams for better security.
Features and Capabilities of vSphere Platinum: –
That’s all from this article. We will explore more in next articles.
Share if you found it useful.
Wait is over for new candidates who ate willing to be part of vExpert Family or for those who had applied for VMware vExpert application in last session and could not awarded due to any reason.
vExpert 2018 Second Half Applications are open now. Hurry up and fill the application before due date which is 13th July 2018. Results for vExpert award will be announced on 9th August.
How to apply for vExpert 2018
- New vExpert applicants – You can apply at vexpert.vmware.com.
- Current 2018 vExperts – You do not need to apply for this period.
For more information, Click Here.
For questions about the application process or the vExpert Program, please send email to email@example.com. Be sure to follow @vExpert for updates on the 2018 vExpert program.
9:00 – 09:30 – Check-in and networking time
09:30 – 09:45 – Welcome and Keynote by Shuja Mirza Head of System Engineering – Veeam
09:45 – 10:25 – Presentation “Virtualization 2.0 – New ERA”
10:25 – 11:05 – Presentation “Protecting Virtual World”
11:05 – 11:20 – Tea Break
11:20 – 12:00 – Presentation “Protecting Virtual World”
12:00 – 12:40 – vSphere 6.7…Get Ready
12:30 – 13:00 – Raffle, Vote of thanks and networking time
13:00 onwards – Lunch
B-39, Plot No. 70, KLJ Complex-1, Shivaji Marg, Moti Nagar
New Delhi, 110015