Happy Thursday to all! Hope your learning is going just fine.
Remember “First you learn and then you remove the letter “e” from word learn” !
This blog is mainly aiming on how to put a VMFS datastore in Maintenance mode.
Points to Cover–
- How to put datastore maintenance mode.
- How to ensure that production doesn’t impact while putting in maintenance mode.
In our LAB we have webclient session to vCenter.
- Set the view at datastore level from left pane.
- Choose the datastore on the left that you want to put in maintenance.
Once the datastore has been put in maintenance mode.
- Right click the datastore and move the mouse over “Maintenance Mode”.
Though Vmware has a very stable code to detect if any productions VMs are running on the datastore or not. However, it is recommended to do a health check before putting a datastore in Maintenance. For example- VMs need to be migrated off from the targeted datastore. Any ISO inside that datastore shouldn’t me mounted on a running VM.
Once the datastore has been put in maintenance mode. It shows the datastore status as shown as below. See the ICON how it changed !