Continuing to the learning of vSphere 6.7 – Install, Configure, and Manage modules, we are going to cover below points in this blog.
Points to cover: –
- Increase the size of a Virtual Disk
One of the most common question for beginners is “How to increase disk size for virtual machine?” so this blog will help you out.
1. Increase the size of a Virtual Disk
Steps to extend a Virtual Disk in VM:
- Login to virtual center and select the virtual machine for which disk needs to be increase. You can see test-vm-02 virtual machine has disk size of 8GB which we are going to increase to 20 GB.
- Right click on virtual machine and select edit setting.
- Select disk which needs to be increased.
- Change disk size from 8 GB to 20 GB and click ok. You can choose disk size as per your requirement.
- Wait till operation gets complete. Refresh to get new disk size.
Note: Once disk is increase you need to expand in you operating system as well.
That’s all from this topic. Refer to next topics to explore more.
Thanks for visiting here. Share this article if you found it useful. Be sociable.