Once we got the HCX instance on Cloud side from AWS or IBM cloud portal then we have to get On-prem side ready for HCX installation and configuration. First you have to download the OVA for HCX Enterprise Client .
Learn HCX – Topic 1 – What is HCX (Hybrid Cloud Extension) ?
Learn HCX – Topic 2 – What are the Components of HCX?
Learn HCX – Topic 3 – How to Obtain Activation Key for HCX?
Learn HCX – Topic 4 – Deployment and configuration of HCX
Learn HCX – Topic 5 – Site Pairing and Deploying Fleet Components
Learn HCX – Topic 6 – Type of Migration
Let’s proceed with the information for deploying and configuration of HCX.
Procedure to download OVA:
- Connect to the HCX Cloud system using HCX cloud URL.
- Go to Administration> System Updates tab
- The OVA can be directly downloaded by clicking the ‘HCX Enterprise Client button Or optionally copy the download link, by using the ‘Copy Link ‘ button to download via a different system .
You are now done with the downloading part. Now once you have OVA file available, let’s proceed with Installation of HCX Manager at Client side.
Installation of HCX Manager:
You need to log in source or on-premises Virtual Center and follow the below procedure.
- Right click the management cluster > click Deploy OVF Template
- Review the details > Click Next > Accept the EULA > Click Next
- Name the HCX Manager appliance > Select a Folder > Click Next
- Select the management datastore (Typically where vCenter is deployed)
- Select the management network (Typically where vCenter is connected)
- Provide passwords for the admin and root default users.
- Expand and fill the Network properties, DNS & Services sections (NTP is required)
- a. In the Network Properties section, provide the VM hostname, and IP address configurations.
- b. In the DNS section, provide the local DNS server and Domain Name Search List.
- c. In the Services Configuration section, provide the local NTP server (required). Optionally enable SSH.
- Click Next. Finish.